As it is Oral Cancer Awareness Month, we would like to provide some helpful information about oral cancer and encourage you to come in for an oral cancer screening. At our office, oral cancer screenings are performed during routine dental appointments by our dentists.
What is oral cancer?
Oral cancer includes cancers of the lips, inside of the mouth, throat, tonsils and salivary glands.
What are the symptoms of oral cancer?
Although there are some symptoms that you can watch out for, you may not always notice the early signs. That is why you should have regular oral cancer screenings in Seguin, Texas, with Dr. Weinman and Dr. Arguelles. In addition to having a screening every six months, call Seguin Smiles if you notice any of the following symptoms between appointments:
– Difficulty chewing or swallowing
– Soreness in the mouth for no explained reason
– The unexplained sensation that something is caught in the throat
– A change in your voice
– A sore inside the mouth or on the lips that bleeds easily and will not heal
– Numbness in the mouth
– A lump in the cheek
– White or red patches in the mouth
Contact our office at 830-372-2949 today to learn more about oral cancer and to schedule your next screening. We are here to help you and your oral health!